Burwood Sustainability and Environment Advisory Committee (SEAC)
Council is seeking expressions of interest from community members to be part of our Sustainability and Environment Advisory Committee (SEAC).
Burwood Council has a vacancy for an interested community member to become a member of the Sustainability & Environment Advisory Committee. The aim of this Committee is to work in partnership with the community to ensure the delivery of sustainability and environmental initiatives and to deliver on the Vision in the Sustainable Burwood Strategy.
Council is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from interested community members who have:
- A passion for working collaboratively with other members of the community and with Council to promote and raise awareness of sustainability and environmental issues;
- An interest in actively participating in the development of programs and initiatives to
achieve the priorities and targets in Council’s Strategy, Sustainable Burwood;
- A strong interest in sustainability and environmental issues
The Committee will meet quarterly and will act as an advisory body to Council by providing input and advice on sustainability and environmental issues within the Burwood Local Government Area.
Expressions of interest will be assessed in accordance with the selection criteria outlined below.
- Reside, work (in a paid or voluntary capacity) or have an interest in the Burwood Local Government Area (LGA).
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding, interest, experience and/or expertise in environmental and/or sustainability issues.
- Be available to attend meetings and demonstrate a willingness to volunteer time to actively participate and engage on issues.
- Undertake to provide feedback to the community.
- Be willing to work within the Committee Terms of Reference.
Representatives of political parties are excluded. Refer to the Terms of Reference for more information.
Council is committed to ensuring a diverse SEAC to ensure a broad range of issues are considered. A gender and age lens will be applied to ensure equity and balance. Please note that all community representatives on the SEAC provide their time and attendance at meetings on a voluntary basis.
If you would like to express interest in becoming part of the SEAC, please complete the form below by Thursday 4 May 2023.