Burwood Sustainability and Environment Advisory Committee (SEAC)
Council is seeking expressions of interest from community members to be part of our Sustainability and Environment Advisory Committee (SEAC).
The Sustainability & Environment Advisory Committee (referred to as SEAC) has been established to work in partnership with Council to provide input and participate in the delivery of sustainability and environmental initiatives to deliver on the Vision in the Sustainable Burwood Strategy, as well as providing a voice for the community on sustainability and environmental initiatives.
The Committee will meet bi-monthly and will act as an advisory body to Council by providing input and advice on sustainability and environmental issues within the Burwood Local Government Area.
Join the Sustainability and Environment Advisory Committee
Council is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from community members who have experience and/or an interest in sustainability and environmental issues to be part of the Committee.
Those interested should have:
- A passion for working collaboratively with other members of the community and with Council to promote and raise awareness of sustainability and environmental issues;
- An interest in actively participating in the development of programs and initiatives to achieve the priorities and targets in Council’s Strategy, Sustainable Burwood;
- A strong interest in sustainability and environmental issues
There are a total of 5 community representative positions available, including 1 student representative (university or senior high school student). Expressions of interest will be assessed in accordance with the selection criteria outlined below.
- Reside, work (in a paid or voluntary capacity) or have an interest in the Burwood Local Government Area (LGA).
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding, interest, experience and/or expertise in environmental and/or sustainability issues.
- Be available to attend meetings and demonstrate a willingness to volunteer time to actively participate and engage on issues.
- Undertake to provide feedback to the community.
- Be willing to work within the Committee Terms of Reference.
Representatives of political parties are excluded.
Council is committed to ensuring a diverse SEAC to ensure a broad range of issues are considered. A gender and age lens will be applied to ensure equity and balance. Please note that all community representatives on the SEAC provide their time and attendance at meetings on a voluntary basis.
If you would like to express interest in becoming part of the SEAC, please complete the form below by Friday 24 June 2022.