The Disability Inclusion Advisory Panel has been established by Council to provide a forum for ongoing engagement and dialogue with people from the community who have lived experience with disability, their carers and families.
The Panel will guide Council’s work in supporting people with disability in our community, reducing and removing barriers for people with disability, and fostering a more accessible and inclusive Burwood.
Join the Burwood Disability Inclusion Advisory Panel
We are currently inviting expressions of interest from community members to be part of the Burwood Disability Inclusion Advisory Panel.
The role of the Panel will be to:
- Actively participate in the implementation of Council’s four year Disability Inclusion Action Plan, including input and support on engagment with the community.
- Provide advice to Council with regard to policies and programs relating to the needs of people with disability.
- Raise emerging issues relating to people with disability, including barriers to access and inclusion.
- Provide input on Council initiatives that seek to enhance the inclusion and accessibility of Council’s infrastructure, facilities, events, services, programs, systems and information for people with disability.
- Reside or work (in a paid or unpaid role) within the Burwood Local Government Area and be a person with disability, or a carer of a person with disability.
- Demonstrate a high level of experience, expertise and/or interest in issues affecting people with disability, such as access and inclusion.
- Be willing to attend meetings (at least 4 per year) and be available to spend time volunteering to work on issues identified by the Inclusion Panel.
If you would like to express interest in becoming part of the Disability Inclusion Advisory Panel, please complete the form below by 29 July 2022. People with disability from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Assistance: If you would prefer to register over the phone or if you require support to fill in your application, please call Council’s Community Projects Officer (Diversity and Inclusion) on 9911 9889.